RecipesVegan Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Roast hazelnuts in a moderate oven (150˚C) for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place hazelnuts in a clean tea towel and gather the sides of the towel together to create a bag.
- Roll the hazelnuts around in the cloth to remove the skins, then transfer to a blender
- Blend hazelnuts on high for 5 minutes, pushing down the sides if necessary. The hazelnuts will turn from chopped into a paste and then into a butter consistency.
- Add the panela, oil and cocoa. Continue to blend for 5 minutes, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve with fresh fruit, in a smoothie or on toast. You can also use it in our Coffee & Cocoa Hazelnut Drop recipe.
- Store in an airtight jar.