RecipesSalted Double Chocolate and Panela-Caramel Slice
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Mix all the ingredients together and press firmly into a 25x25cm tin (preferably with a removable base).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring often, for 5-8 minutes until the caramel has thickened slightly and darkened slightly in colour.
- Pour the caramel over the cooled base and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The caramel should have slightly set and become a deeper colour.
- Allow the caramel to cool on the bench, then place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate and oil over a double boiler until completely melted.
- Pour on top of the cooled caramel and sprinkle generously with flaked salt.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting (for clean cuts, freeze the slice and use a slightly warmed knife).
- Store in an airtight container.