RecipesDouble Chocolate Brownies with Salted Panela Caramel
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Preheat oven to 160℃ (325℉).
- Place 200g dark chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place Organic Mountain Raw Sugar, eggs, Organic Mountain Cocoa Powder, sifted flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add remaining dark chocolate and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin, lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Make the caramel by placing Organic Mountain panela in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, continually stirring with a whisk, until the sugar begins to melt and brown. Once the sugar starts to dissolve, remove from heat and whisk in the butter until melted and incorporated. Return to low heat, whisk in cream and allow to return to a simmer. Whisk until caramel is smooth and set aside.
- Allow brownie to cool slightly, then slice and drizzle with Salted Panela Caramel to serve.