RecipesPanela Carrot Cake with Frosting
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c, grease a 22cm cake tin and line it with baking paper.
- Whisk panela and oil until combined
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk well
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, and stir into the batter with a wooden spoon
- Add grated carrots, walnuts and coconut and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the oven or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre. Once cooked, remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Combine softened cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a bowl. With electric beaters, mix until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, ice with cream cheese icing and top with chopped walnuts.