RecipesPanela Glazed Doughnuts
- Prep time
- Cook time
For the doughnuts
- Warm the milk to body temperature. Dissolve in the yeast and sugar. Set aside.
- Sift together the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the butter. Beat the eggs with the vanilla and add to the milk mix.
- Add the liquids to the dry mix. Mix for 1 minute on low speed until the mix is smooth and free of lumps.
- Put the mix into a piping bag and pipe approx. 55g each into a doughnut ring mould.
- Leave to prove in a warm spot covered with another tray for about 35-40 minutes or until they have doubled in size.
- Bake in the oven pre-set to 170*C. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until evenly golden brown. Turn out while hot.
For the Panela glaze
- Combine the sugars and butter in a bowl, pour over the boiling water. Work to a smooth glaze. Dip the donuts in while still warm. Do it twice to get a good glaze.
Leave to set.